Federated Farmers are a service provider representing the farmer in the retail channel. Price negotiation and price discovery is based on daily activities within the broader fruit and vegetable industry. The price is given to the farmer in advance. As Federated is an aggregator of farmers, this results in a lower cost for everyone in the channel.
Federated Farmers has a solid understanding and many years’ experience of farmer businesses and also in retail businesses. Transactions are regulated by legislation, Act 12/92 which ensures greater security to farmers. These transactions are fully transparent and supported by an effective administrative and financial system, as well as daily management of customers.
The farmer and the retailer will have 100% transparency as to where the product comes from and where it is going. True to RSA’s Farmer First Philosophy, Federated will refrain from listing competing growers and prefer to grow farmers in the channel.
Advantages of using Federated Farmers:
- staging options in Johannesburg.
- staging depot reduces costs of crates, lugs and pallets.
- capable of daily deliveries to retail.
- improved planning for the farmer.
- establishment of programmes within retail.
- new product development.
- access to broader market information.
- admin costs saving due to shared infrastructure in the RSA Group.
- total transparency.
- national footprint.
- established relationships.
Current business in retail includes:
- Pick and Pay (national).
- Freshmark (national).
Contact Federated Farmers