Retail – Federated Farmers
Federated Farmers deals with selling fresh fruit and vegetables on behalf of our farmers direct to the retailer channels. They are responsible for managing all listing activities including growing programmes, packaging, logistics, innovation, category management and debtors.
Federated Farmers represent producers in the retail channel. Price negotiation and price discovery are based on daily activities within the broader fruit and vegetable industry, with prices given to producers in advance. As Federated Farmers is an aggregator of producers, they are able to offer lower costs to all players within the retail channel.
Federated Farmers has a solid understanding of, and many years of experience in, the producer and retail business. Transactions are regulated by legislation (Act 12/92) which ensures greater security for producers. Transactions are fully transparent, and supported by an effective administrative and financial system, as well as by active daily customer management.
Both farmers and retailers enjoy 100% transparency as to where the product comes from, and where it is going to. True to RSA’s Farmer First Philosophy, Federated Farmers’ strategy is to grow producers in the channel.
Advantages of using Federated Farmers:
- National footprint
- Staging options in Johannesburg
- Staging depot reduces costs of crates, lugs and pallets
- Administration cost savings, thanks to shared RSA Group infrastructure
- Capable of daily deliveries to retail
- Improved planning for the producer
- Establishment of programs within retail
- New product development
- Access to broader market information
- Total transparency
- Established relationships